Roasted Potatoes with Pizzazz
(This recipe is egg-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and gluten-free)
Potatoes always make an excellent side dish, but sometimes I want to make something with a bit more flare and flavor. One day, after a Google deep-dive into recipe after recipe, I came across this dish (original is linked below as a source). The original is not vegan, but after some edits and modifications, I believe that this version is still a simple, different, yet delicious way to spice up such a traditional side dish. I often pair it with the Crumb Chicken and salad for a not-quite-traditional dinner.
Quantities for this recipe are simply “only chop as many potatoes as you can eat, then spice to taste.”
- Yukon Gold or red potatoes, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder (a little goes a long way)
- Lemon juice
- Italian seasoning
How to Make:
1) Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease.
2) Wash and chop potatoes. Place chopped potatoes onto the large bowl and toss with olive oil until coated. Sprinkle Italian seasoning, salt and garlic over the potatoes and mix until coated.
3) Spread the potatoes evenly onto the pan, then sprinkle lightly with lemon juice.
4) Roasts the potatoes for 20 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and flip the potatoes. Sprinkle lightly with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Return the pan to the oven and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
5) Remove from oven, serve, and enjoy!