Caresparagus Pasta Marinara
(This recipe is dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, and can be made gluten-free)
This is one of my first completely original recipes! With food, texture matters just as much as taste to me. If the texture is unappealing, I likely will not want to eat it. This recipe is a harmony of textures. Simple yet refined, the soft crunch of all the ingredients works wonderfully together. I often pair it with the Broccoli Summer Salad.
Quantities for this recipe are based on one whole box of pasta. However, you can adjust for your personal preferences and number of hungry mouths.
- 1 box of multi-grain pasta (or your favorite pasta of choice)
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 5 handfuls of carrot chips (any carrots are fine, I just prefer this cut)
- 1 package of ground turkey
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
How to Make:
1) Pour the jar of marinara sauce into a small saucepan. Lightly season with garlic powder and Italian seasoning to taste. Set on the stove on low and stir occasionally while preparing the rest of the meal.
2) In a greased frying pan, add ground turkey. Set on the stove on medium high, constantly chopping/stirring the meat until it is broken into crumbles. Cook until no pink remains. Remove from the heat and add garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3) Fill a large sauce pan halfway with water and boil the water. While the water is heating, chop the asparagus and carrots into bite-sized pieces.
4) Once the water has boiled, cook your pasta according to the directions on the box. When 7 minutes remain, add the asparagus to the boiling water and pasta. When 5 minutes remain, add the carrots to the boiling water and pasta. By the end of the time, the pasta, asparagus, and carrots should all be al dente.
5) Drain the pasta and vegetable mixture and return it to the pot. Serve pasta/veggie mixture first, add ground turkey to preference, then add marinara sauce to preference and mix.